How to do online Marriage Registration in Delhi: – Marriage certificate is a valuable document which is a proof of marriage. A marriage certificate is issued by a government official only after the civil registration of the marriage in jurisdictions. It is also a proof of registration marriage. In India, a marriage can be registered if it already has been solemnized either under the Hindu Marriage Act, 1955 or under the Special Marriage Act, 1954. It types a legal document which proof you are married. In 2006, the Supreme Court made a special announcement that Marriage registration is compulsory for the women protection. This Hindu Marriage Act is applicable only in cases where both husband and wife are Hindus, Buddhists, Sikhs or Jains. This Act is also convenient where they have converted into any of these religions. In case Husband and wife or both are not Hindus, Buddhists, Sikhs or Jains then the marriage is registered under the special Marriage Act, 1954.
Eligible Criteria and Instructions
- Either Bridegroom or Bride can register their marriage.
- Groom older than 21 years of age and Bride older than 18 years of age.
- Marriage registration certificates are being issued by the Additional-Divisional Magistrate (ADM) in whose jurisdiction either the husband or the wife resides.
- Legal age of marriage in India is 18 years of Bride and 21 years of Groom
Procedure to register online Marriage Registration in Delhi
- Visit the official website of E-district Delhi which is delhigovt.nic.in
- Then click on “Registration of Marriage” link
- Login with the help Citizen User Id and Password
- After login into your account select “Hindu Marriage Act” or “Special Marriage Act” section and start filling the details
- Name and the address of bridegroom and bride
- Upload Signature of both bride and bridegroom
- Signature of 3 attesting witness present at the time of marriage along with their name and address
- Joint photo of bride and bridegroom with signature over such photo
- The submit form along with all asking details.
- Verify all the documents and details carefully.
- Click on Submit button.
Required Documents during online Marriage Registration in Delhi
- Application form duly signed by both husband and wife.
- Date of Birth certificate of both husband and wife
- Documentary evidence like date of birth certificate of both the parties, Matriculation Certificate/Passport/Birth Certificate
- Marriage invitation card, if available
- If marriage was already solemnised in a religious place, a certificate from the priest is required who solemnised the marriage.
Note: – All documents excluding receipt should be attested by a Gazetted Officer compulsory
NOTE: – This web page is totally dedicated to the “How to do online Marriage Registration in Delhi” You can bookmark this web page to visit here again for more information and help.